Announcing the Winter 2021 Photo Contest! The Caring Commission has created a little competition for all of us to enjoy. While out walking, why not take the opportunity of capturing the beauty of nature on your cellphone or camera? Pictures can be submitted to our Photo Contest and will be eligible for prizes.
During this time of separation, we are finding unique and interesting ways to be together but apart. The importance of staying active and enjoying the beauties of nature has resulted in many of us taking advantage of our winter weather and getting outside for fresh air and exercise. The Caring Commission has created the opportunity to participate in Walking Club activities, occurring on Monday and Saturday mornings at Hawrelak Park. Some of us have been able to get out to these events, while others are enjoying solo walks or have teamed up with family, friends or neighbours in their own communities.
The rules for the contest are as follows:
- Maximum of one picture per day per contestant.
- Eligible picture content: nature, including animals and birds (no people, please).
- Email pictures to Marlene Froese (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Include your full name and contact phone number in the body of the email, as well as the date the picture was taken and a description of the picture.
- Starting date: Monday, February 15, 2021
- Ending date: Monday, March 29, 2021
We’ll share a highlight every week in the bulletin, and all submissions will be eligible for prizes at the conclusion of the contest (i.e. after March 29, 2021). The prizes awarded will be in the following categories:
- Person with the most submissions
- Best nature picture
- Best animal or bird picture
- Best sunrise/sunset
- Best picture taken by children (high school and younger)
The prizes will be announced before the end of the contest but will include a gift from Marlene’s kitchen.